How I make my selections...

Rarely will I publish a review of a wine that I did not enjoy; my taste is purely individual, as is your own. If I write about a particular wine, I do so because I also want you to try it.

The new website is now available!

The new website is now available!
Click the image to link to TylerPhilp.com

Thursday, May 5, 2011

‘Selections’ for Mother’s Day


Ideally, Mom is entitled to an afternoon of relaxation at the spa on Mother's Day but you know as well as I do that she'll likely have a house full of people and probably even spend the day preparing a feast for the whole family.  So if you're not planning to take her out for dinner (which you should) then at least treat her to a nice bottle of wine or two this weekend.

Let’s start with a sparkle shall we:  I can’t imagine a better choice than to serve a bottle of bubbly in the backyard with some appetizers (if it ever warms up) but this year, let’s put a rosé twist on the sparkle: 

Sparkling Rosé to try:  (Click on the wine name to find LCBO stock levels)

With lunch, keep it light with a bottle of Viognier, Gewürztraminer, or Sauvignon Blanc. 

Tasty Whites to try:


If you’re putting on a big dinner for Mom, think bigger in terms of the wine choice as well:  perhaps a nice Spanish Rioja, a full-bodied Cali Cab, or a rich Chardonnay from Burgundy.

With a big meal, try one of these:


... and make sure you wash the dishes for her too!

Cheers