How I make my selections...

Rarely will I publish a review of a wine that I did not enjoy; my taste is purely individual, as is your own. If I write about a particular wine, I do so because I also want you to try it.

The new website is now available!

The new website is now available!
Click the image to link to TylerPhilp.com

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Wine for the Weekend


If you missed out last week, I've changed things up a bit:  Less focus on the biweekly Vintages items and more on those which are readily available.  Every Wednesday I'll send you two tasty 'Wines for the Weekend' from either the Vintages program, past or present, or an item off the general list which is the main body of any LCBO store.  A short blurb about each wine and that's it - two wines, below $20 - Enjoy! 

Tyler


Red
2011 Joseph Drouhin, Beaujolais-Villages Nouveau – France

Last Thursday marks the annual release of Beaujolais Nouveau and this example is the most enjoyable of the lot to arrive here in Ontario:
Dense purple in the glass with notes of canned cherry pie filling.  The slightest oiliness across the palate initially but it finishes quite dry with pronounced strawberry, black cherry and a touch of lingering spice. A well above average example of the style and for immediate consumption.
$14.95 (113266) LCBO General List (dry) 


White 
2010 Inniskillin, Late Autumn Riesling – Canada

Off-dry style but certainly not sweet is the first impression; clean lines accent secondary sensations of lemon tart, pears, and subtle notes of honey.  It’s not a dessert wine but rather one to enjoy alongside finger foods and good conversation.  This is one of our go-to wines for when friends stop in for an impromptu visit.
$11.95 (219543) LCBO General List (off-dry)






Please take a moment to visit and tour winealign.com - I think you'll enjoy this service: